NH Real Estate School
call / text: (603) 225-5266
email: [email protected]
2. Register for examination through the NH Real Estate Commission (Exam Registration Form with $155 for salesperson; $170 for broker; payable to Treasurer, State of NH).
3. You will receive email notification from the testing provider PSI with your NH ID number. You MUST take the exam within 3 months after registration.
4. After receiving notification from PSI, make examination appointment through https://candidate.psiexams.com/testdate/testdate.jsp or 1-800-345-6559. You MUST take the examination within 6 months after starting the Salesperson pre-license education, but no sooner than completion of the pre-license education.
5. Examinations are administered by appointment morning, afternoon or evening, 7 days per week (appointment availability varies by location) at various PSI Assessment Center locations throughout the country. NH centers are located in Concord, Manchester, Nashua, and Portsmouth - but you can take the exam at another out-of-state assessment location if this is more convenient. Computerized exam results are provided immediately upon completion of the examination.
6. If you do not pass both portions (national & state) of the examination, you must re-take the failed portion(s) of the examination after registering anew for examination through the NH Real Estate Commission (Exam Score Report with $155 for salesperson; $170 for broker; payable to Treasurer, State of NH).
7. AFTER passing both portions (national & state) then you MUST apply to the NH Real Estate Commission for your real estate license (License Application Form) within 6 months of passing the examination regardless of whether you decide to be active or inactive. Salesperson license is $90, broker license is $110, payable to Treasurer, State of NH.
8. Send the Criminal Record Release Authorization Form to the NH State Police with $25 payable to State of NH Criminal Records.
9. If you precede or exceed these time limits the NH Real Estate Commission may require you to re-pay for the examination, re-take the pre-license education, and/or re-take the examination.
10. Renew license every 2 years at NH Real Estate Commission (Online Renewal $90 for salesperson or $110 for broker, payable to Treasurer, State of NH). Inactive renewal requires an accredited 3-credit CORE Course; active renewal requires an accredited 3-credit CORE Course and 12-credits of accredited Elective Courses; many Continuing Education renewal courses are also available online.
(see "CE Renewal")
REMEMBER: You have 6 months to take the examination after starting the Salesperson pre-license education, you must take the exam within 3 months after Exam Registration, and you have 6 months after passing the examination to send your License Application to the NH Real Estate Commission. If you precede or exceed these time limits the NH Real Estate Commission may require you to re-pay for the examination, re-take the pre-license course, and/or re-take the examination.
For specific information about
the licensing process,
please refer to the